In line with Victorian Government regulations effective now, face masks must be worn at all times when in our centre. We know this is a difficult time, but together we can work to help stop the spread.
When should I wear a mask or face covering?
Please wear a mask at all times in the centre if you don’t have a medical condition and are over the age of 12.
Are there any reasons to remove my mask or face covering?
Yes. When you are eating or drinking, taking medication, smoking or vaping, in a financial institution or bank or during an emergency you may remove your mask or face covering.
Who doesn’t need to lawfully wear a mask?
- People aged under the age of 12-years. Please be aware that Centre Staff may approach and ask a person to clarify their age.
- Medical condition / reasons including:
- a person with breathing problems including asthma
- a person with an assisted breathing apparatus
- a person with a disability or a mental health condition
- a person with visual/hearing impairment or loss
- a person with a skin condition.
- Centre staff may approach and ask a person to validate their reason for not wearing a mask or face covering (e.g. requesting them to provide a medical certificate).
- Practical reason – such as a carer or person assisting a young-child, elderly person or person with special needs, although this may be for a short-period.
- Professional reason – e.g. a security guard communicating with a person with identified hearing impairment where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication or in an emergency situation in the centre.
Victoria Police will be patrolling businesses including Shopping centres to assist customers with any queries in regards to wearing a mask.
Customers that don’t wear a face covering may be approached by staff and if there is no valid explanation or reason provided (e.g. inability to produce a medical certificate), the person will be asked to leave the centre.
Your safety continues to be our priority. If you would like to read more about what actions we’ve taken to provide customers with a safe and comfortable environment please see our Updates Page